Mark #1: Identity in Christ
Module 1.1 – Key Scripture
- Review handout of key New Testament passages related to identity in Christ.
- Commit Galatians 2:20 to memory.
- Complete a Discovery Bible Study (DBS) on at least one other key passage.
Module 1.2 – Understanding Your Identity
- Watch “Identity in Christ” sermon video (edited) from John Mark Comer.
- Review additional resource, including a visual representation of your identity in Christ and other key passages in the New Testament about who you are.
Module 1.3 – Idolatry
- Read introduction to “Counterfeit Gods” by Tim Keller.
- Watch sermon excerpt about types of idolatry from Mark Driscoll.
- Complete handout that goes with sermon video.
Module 1.4 – Fruit to Root
- Watch video from Jeff Vanderstelt teaching and illustrating an important exercise we call “Fruit to Root”
- Reference “Gospel Fluency” handout which includes a drawing from book “Gospel Fluency” with the same exercise explained.
- Use “Fruit to Root” handout to apply this exercise to your own life in at least one area.
Module 1.5 – Meditate/Prayer
- Listen to “Who you say I Am” by Hillsong.
- Complete this session by recording key observations in your journal.
- Spend time in prayer thanking God for your new identity.
- Commit to take steps to continue living from your identity.